> [!info]- This post was originally published in the Community Docs
> To view the source, please click [here](https://community.optimism.io/docs/governance/retropgf-3). Last edited on November 7, 2023.
The Optimism Collective’s third round of Retroactive Public Goods Funding (RetroPGF) will take place in fall of 2023. RetroPGF 3 will allocate 30m OP tokens to **reward contributions that have supported the development and adoption of Optimism.**
### Process Overview
1. Project Applications: Sept 19th - Oct 23rd 23:00 PT
2. Voting: November 6th - December 7th
3. Results & Token Disbursement: Starting early January
👉 **Voting is live** (Nov 6th - Dec 7th). There are two applications badgeholders can use to vote in RetroPGF 3:
- West - https://round3.optimism.io/
- Agora - https://vote.optimism.io/
In addition, there's useful tooling that has been built to support badgeholders:
- [Pairwise](https://www.pairwise.vote/) - Gamifying list creation by categorizing applicants into small groups for experts' pairwise comparison.
- [OpenSource Observer](https://www.opensource.observer/) - An Analytics platform for impact metrics on RetroPGF applications
Badgeholders can find all the information relevant for voting in the [Badgeholder Manual](https://www.optimism.io/badgeholder-manual)
## Project Applications
👉 **Applications for RetroPGF Round 3 are closed! You can see applications on the voting applications from [Agora](https://vote.optimism.io/retropgf/3) and [West](https://round3.optimism.io/)**
Every type of contribution to the Optimism ecosystem is eligible for RetroPGF. Whether you’re a developer working on an Ethereum execution client or an educator creating Optimism-inspired video content, if you’re providing impact, you’re eligible! RetroPGF is open to all Optimism artists, creators, writers, builders, and evangelists. If you're looking for inspiration on what you could contribute to the Optimism Collective, check out the [Ecosystem Contributions Board](https://github.com/ethereum-optimism/ecosystem-contributions)
- In RetroPGF 3, there are 146 badgeholders who were selected via a multitude of methods. Find out more details about this process [[RetroPGF 3 - Voting badge distribution results|here]].
- If you're a badgeholder, you can go to the [badgeholder hub](https://plaid-cement-e44.notion.site/Badgeholder-hub-6a35e12d876048868e4ae264dbadd076?pvs=4) to find relevant resources and stay up to date.
- If you want to find out more about how voting in RetroPGF 3 works, check out the [[RetroPGF 3 - Round Design|Round Design documentation]].
> [!question]- Does my contribution need to have taken place between the end of round 2 and beginning of round 3?
> No, all contributions that have supported the development and adoption of Optimism are considered, no matter when they took place
> [!question]- Where can I nominate Projects?
> There will be no nominations process, projects will directly apply for RetroPGF 3. So let your favorite project know they should sign up!
> [!question]- Are VC funded teams or teams that received a grant from the Optimism Token House eligible for RetroPGF?
> Yes, both VC funded teams as well as teams that receive a grant from the Token House are eligble. Badgeholders uphold the principle of "impact = profit", where individuals should receive profit equal to the impact they provided to the Optimism Collective.
> [!question]- If I received rewards in RetroPGF 2, can I sign up for Round 3 with the same contribution?
> Yes, you can apply again with the same contribution. Be sure to include the rewards you received in Round 2 in your "Grants and Funding" section of your application.
> [!question]- Are RetroPGF rewards subject to a 1 year lock-up?
> No, RetroPGF rewards are not subject to a 1 year lock-up. After the round concludes, projects will need to complete a KYC process with the Optimism Foundation and will then gradually receive their RetroPGF rewards over a 90 day period.
> [!question]- Are RetroPGF 3 rewards sourced from sequencer revenue or RetroPGF token allocation?
> Round 3 rewards are sourced from the [[OP Allocations|RetroPGF token allocation]]. Future rounds of RetroPGF may allocate surplus protocol revenue.
> [!question]- Does my Project need to be on OP mainnet to be eligible?
> No, your project does not need to be on OP mainnet. As long as you’re providing impact to the Optimism Collective, you are eligible for RetroPGF!